Every year thousands of Americans buy a new lawn mower for their home. Because mowing is a time consuming and tedious job, it is important that you buy a machine which is easy and comfortable to operate and does excellent job while consuming less time. There are numerous models available in different price ranges, each […]Read more...
If you are a craftsman, if you have a job in construction field or just a DIY enthusiast you are most probably aware how important it is to have a good quality cordless drill in your tool box. The market share for this tool has been growing at an enormous speed since past few years. Brands have been spending a lot on R&D to make cordless drill more powerful and more useful. As a result, you can now find models with very high amount of torque, multiple clutch settings, LED lights, light weight design, extra powerful and light weight batteries, etc.
For power users nothing beat the corded versions as they can provide huge amount of torque on demand to drill or drive screws on tough materials. But, slowly and steadily the cordless versions are catching up with corded counterparts in terms of torque. There are numerous advantages of using a cordless drill, some of them are –
1) You can easily work in any location without worrying about the availability of power socket.
2) The light weight and ergonomic design of drill puts less pressure on your hands so that you can work continuously without getting too much fatigue.
3) You do not have to carry the chord while you work at different location on the job site.
4) Using two batteries make sure your work is not interrupted, you can charge one while working with other one.
5) The drills are available in 12v, 18v and 20v options, depending upon your power requirement; you can choose a model as per your linking.
6) Multiple options of cordless drills (18v,20v or 12v) are available in different price point, you can buy a cordless drill model for as low as $40 and for as high as $600.
Features to look for –
a) Light Weight – You must choose a unit which is light in weight so that you do not get too tired holding the drill when working on longer shifts. Apart from the weight, the drill should also be small in size so that you do not find any problem operating in tight areas.
b) Battery – The cordless drills are available in traditional NiCad or Newer Lithium Ion batteries. The li-ion batteries are very popular because they provide more run time per charge and are lighter in weight. There are multiple varieties of Li-ion batteries, usually the expensive ones offer better run time per charge and have more life. Before zeroing down on any drill brand, you must enquire more about the battery.
c) Chuck size – The cordless drills can be classified on the basis of chuck size. As per your requirement you can go for any ½ inch or ¼ inch chuck size. Many tools come with a feature of keyless chuck where in you can change the bits single handedly.
d) Clutch settings and Speed Variations – More clutch settings and speed variations add versatility to the drill and allow you to take up multiple varieties of jobs.
e) Battery Gauge – Buying drills which come with a battery gauge allow you to manage battery in a better way. You are kept updated about the remaining juice in the battery.
Some of the best selling cordless drill models are –
1) Black & Decker LD120VA – This compact tool from Black and Decker is a very cost effective tool which can perform numerous drilling and driving applications very effectively. You can use this tool for drilling or driving screws in materials like wood, plastic and even metal. You get powerful 20v lithium ion batteries with this tool which can retain charge for up to 18 months.
2) DEWALT DRILL/DRIVER DCD771 – This 20v cordless driver and drill come with two speed variations of 0-450 and 0-1500 Rpm that allows you to undertake different varieties of job which require slow or fast drilling. It is equipped with a high quality 1/2 inch chuck which provides solid grip to the bits even when working on hard surfaces. The drill comes with an effective ergonomic design that keeps the unit balanced and makes holding the drill for longer periods of time a comfortable experience. With a price range of close to $75 this product is a very good option if you are looking for 20v option.
3) Hitachi DS18DGL – This 18v drill from Hitachi comes with 22+1 clutch options. The clutch options provide the operator with great level of control over the torque. This makes sure that only the required amount of power is put in to the any drilling or driving task. This unit can generate close to 400 in/lbs of torque, with this much power you can easily drill in some of the toughest materials. It comes with LED lights which help in illuminating the work area so that you can use the tool with precision even in dark areas.
4) PORTER-CABLE PCC606LA – It is a 20v cordless drill that can yield up to 333 UWO of power. It falls in the category of drills which come with 1/2-inch drill/driver. The LED light on this unit provides an added advantage for people who have to work on areas with low lighting. The LED lights on top of a drill play a very vital role when drilling or screw driving has to be done in dark locations like,inside the closet, or in construction sites where electricity connections are not yet available. This $70(approx) unit features a battery gauge which keeps you aware about the battery status while on the job. If you are looking for high quality low budget drill, you must consider this option.Read more...
The home appliance is one such market segment which witnesses massive amount of innovation every year. Big and established brands continuously spend millions of dollars to make innovative products which compel customers to spend more money on these items. As the lives of people are getting busier day the day, they want to spend more time their families, offering appliances which help them to do house hold work in fast and effective manner is the key growth driver for all home appliance companies.
Buying a new appliance for your home is a very thoughtful process, because these are expensive and you buy these products for longer term. As the earning power of people has been increasing, they are more willing to buy more luxurious appliances to make their life more luxurious and comfortable. Because so much money is being spend on purchase of a single electronic product, it is important that you make an informed purchase keeping various factors in mind. Keeping below mentioned 4 tips in mind will help you choose a perfect product for your home.
- Understand your Need and Requirement –Before making a purchase it will be a good idea to sit with your family members and try to figure out the exact requirement and need. It is also important to analyze the budget for the purchase. All varieties of products are available in different price ranges which make the purchasing process very confusing. If you have a specific budget in mind, it will fasten the whole buying process. Also discuss with the family if there is a particular brand preference.
- Read Reviews – If you have chose and product or brand, you must read more about it online. There are numerous websites which provide unbiased review from people who have actually used the product. Reading reviews will help you choose a better product for your home.
- Energy Consumption – Buy products which come with good energy ratings. It will be a wise decision to spend few more bucks on a product which offer better power efficiency. There is no point buying a less expensive product now, but spend more on its electric usage for years to come. Many home appliances come with a power saver option as well these days, enquire before buying.
- Warranty and after sales service information – Different companies offer different warranty policies on their products. Having proper information about these policies will save you from surprises in future. Some luxurious products are very expensive to get repaired, try to gather more information about the possible repair cost of specific products. This will help you to easily compare you chosen home appliance model from other.
When it comes to Vacuum cleaners, Electrolux is one such brand that commands uncomparable reputation. It is one of very few home appliances brand which enjoys extra ordinary brand loyalty from its customers. Many households still use Electrolux vacuum cleaners which were purchased more than 20-25 years ago.
The vacuum cleaners from Electrolux are known for their long life, and because they perform so well, most customers are very likely to become loyal towards this brand. There are numerous online stories where people have used vacuum cleaner from this brand for 15-20 years and then bought a newer model of the same brand.
Electrolux has always enjoyed extra ordinary trust from its customer base from few decades now, at the same time it is interesting to note that this company’s brand name has gone through numerous changes. The company started off with its product offering 90 years ago in Sweden, with the name “Electrolux cleaners” the company was selling their floor cleaning products throughout Europe. Soon after, company started producing products for market in Canada and USA.
In starting days, when the Electrolux brand was launched in america, the salesman from company followed door to door selling tactics, targeting middle income group people. As the acceptance for the brand grew gradually, the company started using other marketing and sales channels to capture larger market share.
The Electrolux products were soon made available in big department stores throughout America. The management did not yield expected amount of sales volume through this step, but till today you can find some of the vacuum cleaner models from Electrolux in different department stores. The major chunk of sales come from the company owned or franchise stores. Today you can buy Electrolux products from more than 500 stores in USA and Canada.
The initial product line of vacuum cleaner from Electrolux was canister based vacuums. These variants come with a very easy to maneuver tank, and because of their practicality, the classic models (especially lux classic) is till date one of the best selling vacuum cleaner model from Electrolux.
When you are out in the market searching for a perfect vacuum cleaner for home, you should try to buy from a brand which has proven track record in terms of quality and longetivity. Although, you can get very low priced vacuum cleaners with lot of features from new brands, but buying from brands like Electrolux will provide peace of mind for few years. There are many brands like Electrolux who offer high quality products and enjoy similar brand loyalty.
Hello, Thanks for stopping by to our blog. We provide daily dose of quality content to our readers through this blog. The topics range from Electronics, home appliances, buying guide, discount guides, product reviews etc. Although, there are numerous websites which provide similar content, but there are very few which provide information that can help to the potential buyers take a decisive call on which product to buy. The reviews on this website are free from any bias and provide sufficient information to help you find a perfect home appliance for your home.Read more...